Name Change Headquarters
How We Do It
- We assist with the fingerprinting required to obtain a legal name change
- We cover the fee for those who qualify. (To file for a legal name change for a minor, the state requires that the minor and both parents be fingerprinted, making it financially burdensome.)
- We arrange for a volunteer to accompany Trans people to court for their legal name change hearing, providing social support.
- We cover the fee for certified copies of their legally issued name change for qualifying clients.
- After the name change process is complete, we assist Trans people with updating their identity documents, including their:
- Social Security card
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Birth certificate
- Any other important documents.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your name change process.